For more information regarding becoming a foster parent please call 215-730-2240, or email email@example.com.
Treatment Foster Care (TFC) is for children with serious mental health and behavioral health challenges. Treatment foster parents receive additional training and participate in the treatment of the children at a level higher than that of traditional foster care. TFC Kinship care is when children are placed in the care by relatives. TFC Kinship care givers require the same training and background checks as Treatment Foster Parents.
Foster Parent informational meetings are offered twice a month at theVillage’s Preheim Center located at 6517 Chester Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19142. Click here for information on the next available sessions.
Treatment Foster Parents Needed
TheVillage is continuously looking for families that can make a commitment to provide a temporary safe and nurturing home, to follow all of the rules designed to keep children safe and work as a partner with the birth family and theVillage case managers to assure that the children’s needs are met. Treatment Foster Parents receive special training and ongoing assistance, including appropriate compensation based on the child’s needs and level of care.
We are currently seeking foster parents in Philadelphia County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Chester County, and Lancaster County.
Do I Qualify to be a Treatment Foster Parent? These are the Criteria:
- 25 years of age
- A Pennsylvania resident
- A US citizen or Permanent Resident
- A physically healthy & mentally stable individual or couple
- Employed or own personal income
- Pennsylvania Driver’s license
- Clean Drivers record
- Own an operable vehicle with valid registration and Insurance
- Clean and able to pass a Criminal, Child Abuse, and FBI background check
- Have an adequate bedroom in the home for the child that meets state Regulations
- Have homeowners or renters insurance
- Successfully complete 40 hours of specialized pre-service training
- Have a secondary parent that meets the above qualifications
You Can Help Support Children in Treatment Foster Care
There is an ongoing need for the following items to support children placed in foster care. Donations of the items listed, or financial donations allowing us to purchase these items, are greatly appreciated!
Click here to make a gift of support.
*Note: We respectfully request donations of new items only
- Bedding: Sheets and comforters for twin beds and cribs.
- Cribs, Pack and Plays, baby walkers, and high chairs.
- Infant and baby needs including diapers, wipes, onesies, blankets, crib sheets, and any other babies’ items.
- Financial donations for behavior incentives which are recreational and other motivational activities.